B1 Dialog #105 Talking about Dreams
Today we are going to talk about dreams in English. As always you can read the text in the PDF which you can find in the description. Follow our podcasts on iTunes and Yandex Music. For more new dialogs subscribe to our channel.
About dreams in English
(1) How often do you dream?
Pretty often. As a rule I dream each night. What about you?
(2) Do you remember your dreams?
Sometimes I do, sometimes I don’t. It depends on dreams.
(3) Do you dream in English?
I can’t remember any dreams in English. I usually dream in Russian.
(4) Do you like having dreams?
If it’s a good dream, I like it ofcourse. I don’t like having nightmares.
(5) Do you believe dreams have a special meaning?
It’s a good question. I believe that dreams have a special meaning only when they are good. When I see a bad dream I prefer not to think about it.
(6) Do you have the same dreams again and again?
I used to have the same dreams every night, but it was a long time ago.
(7) Has something you’ve dreamt about ever come true?
Yes it has. I think everybody has had dreams that eventually came true. It happens pretty often.
(8) Have you ever been woken up by a nightmare?
Yes, of course. I hate having nightmares and screaming in my sleep. I wish I never had nightmares again.
(9) What kinds of people do you meet in your dreams?
I meet different kinds of people in my dreams. Sometimes I meet my relatives that passed away a long time ago.
(10) Do you tell other people about the dreams you have?
Yeah. Especially when I have a bad dream. It’s better telling someone about it.
Anya —> Rinat
(1) Do you talk in your sleep when you dream?
Sometimes. When I worry about something I can talk in my sleep.
(2) Have you ever woken up and believed you’re still in your dream?
Yes I have! It’s interesting and quite scary. There is a good movie with Leo Decaprio about things like that. It’s called Inception (Начало).
(3) Do you think animals dream?
Absolutely. I see our cat dreaming pretty often. She is moving and making different sounds.
(4) Does having a dream affect the way you feel when you wake up?
Yes it does. When I have bad dreams, I am not feeling well when I wake up.
(5) Do you think dreams can be explained scientifically?
It’s about how our brain works. I think that dreams can be explained scientifically. That’s for sure.
(6) Would you like to stop having dreams or have more dreams?
Having dreams is a normal thing. I don’t want to change anything. I want to have as many dreams as I should.
(7) Do you have the same dreams you had when you were a child?
I don’t think so. I can’t remember any dreams I had when I was a child.
(8) Do you ever want to live in the world of your dreams?
No, I’ve never thought about it. I want to live here in the real world.
(9) Why do you think some people remember their dreams and others don’t?
We all are different. Some people can do things that others can’t do. It works the same way with our dreams.