B1 Dialog #106 Talking about Boredom
Today we are going to talk about Boredom in English. As always you can read the text in the PDF which you can find in the description. Follow our podcasts on iTunes and Yandex Music. For more new dialogs subscribe to our channel.
How to work with the dialog?
- Listen to the dialog and read the PDF transcript. Turn on subtitles if necessary.
- Listen to the dialog again, repeating the questions and answers aloud (!!!).
- Come up with your own answers to the questions. Use PDF vocabulary if needed.
- Listen to the questions and answer them aloud (!!!), with a correct intonation, pronunciation and rhythm.
- Come back to the video from time to time and repeat the exercise.
Talking about boredom
(1) What do you think of when you hear the word ‘bored’?
I think about getting bored of doing something. For example to get bored of watching a movie.
(2) Are you bored of learning English?
It’s not easy to learn languages. It’s important to enjoy what you do. I like learning English and I am not bored doing this.
(3) Is school boring? Why or why not?
I used to get bored at school. I didn’t like to study subjects I was not interested in.
(4) What’s the most boring thing you have to do?
Waiting for something is the most boring thing for me. When I have to wait, I usually get bored.
(5) Do you have boring friends?
I can’t say that some of my friends are boring. I think everyone can be boring sometimes.
(6) Describe a boring movie you watched?
I’ve seen a lot of different movies. I think that the most boring one was “Fifty Shades of Grey”. The story was not interesting and I didn’t finish watching it.
(7) What do you do when you get bored?
I usually read a book. I think that reading is the best thing against boredom.
(8) Are men or women more boring? (Why)?
Everyone can be boring. It has nothing to do with gender. It depends on the person.
(9) Why do we get bored?
When people do something and they are not interested in it, they usually feel unsatisfied. It usually leads to boredom.
(10) What is the most boring book you had to read?
I’ve read a lot of books. I can’t say which one was the most boring.
Anya —-> Rinat
(1) Are you a boring person?
I don’t know. It’s better to ask my friends about it.
(2) What do you complain about when you are bored?
I don’t complain when I am bored. When I am bored, I am trying to do something interesting.
(3) Is your English teacher boring?
I had a lot of different teachers. Some of them were really boring. It’s not easy to find a good one.
(4) How would you help someone who says they are bored?
I would recommend going outside. It’s a nice way to keep someone from getting bored.
(5) Do you think sport is boring? If so, which sport?
No, I don’t think sport is boring. Each sport is good, if you like it. If you don’t like sports, try doing something else.
(6) What’s the best way to stop being bored?
Trying new hobbies is a good way to stop being bored.
(7) Is going shopping boring?
It’s boring for me. I don’t like going shopping. But many people like it and feel good when they buy new clothes.
(8) What are the most boring questions you know?
I don’t like questions like “Where do you see yourself in 5 years?”. It’s really hard to answer questions like this.
(9) Do you think animals get bored?
Absolutely. Cats and dogs get bored. It’s a part of their behaviour.