B1 Dialog #20. When did you first?
In this dialog we answer the question “When did you first did something?”. PDF with text is available from the link above. You will find a lot of useful vocabulary there. Please like this video. Thank you!
How to work with the dialog?
- Listen to the dialogue and read the PDF transcript. Turn on subtitles if necessary.
- Listen to the dialogue again, repeating the questions and answers aloud (!!!).
- Come up with your own answers to the questions. Use PDF vocabulary if needed.
- Listen to the questions and answer them aloud (!!!), with a correct intonation, pronunciation and rhythm.
- Go back to the video from time to time and repeat the exercise.
When did you first?
- When did you first use the Internet? How was it?
I used the Internet for the first time when I was at school. I was 15 years old I think. Back in the days, the Internet was pretty expensive. So a library was more popular.
- When did you first go to the cinema? What did you see?
I went to the cinema when I was a student and we saw some comedy about Brides.
- When did you first use a mobile phone? Who did you call?
My mother bought me a mobile phone when I was 14. She wanted me to be in touch with her and relatives.
- When did you first think life was great? What happened?
I have always been a cheerful person.Of course I had and have bad days sometimes, but I know that better days will come. I really enjoy my life and value it. I think when we get older, we understand it better.
- When did you first travel alone? Where did you go?
I have never travelled alone to other countries and cities. But I think it will be a good experience for me. I would try one day.
- When did you first have some real money? How did you feel?
When I was at the first course of university I worked as a shop assistant. I had some real money and I felt independent.
- When did you first think the world was a dangerous place?
My mother told me about that all the time especially when I started going to other places alone. At that time I understood that I should be carefull.
- When did you first smoke / drink alcohol?
I have never smoked. I tried alcohol when I was a student.
- When did you first fly? What was it like?
My first fly was to Thailand. It was awesome but I was a little bit scared.
- When did you first buy someone a present?
I was a pupil and I had some pocket money so I bought a present for my mother.
Rinat —–> Anya
- When did you first fall in love with someone or something?
I was a kid in a kindergarten. I really liked one girl. I am not sure if that was love or not, but I still remember that feeling.
- When did you first study English? Did you like it?
I started learning English at school. I didn’t like it at that time. After school I learnt it in university again and enjoyed it a lot.
- When did you first buy something expensive? Do you still have it? – Когда вы впервые купили что-то дорогое? Оно у тебя еще есть?
I think it was a cellphone. I bought it when I started working about 12 years ago. No, I don’t have it already.
- When did you first meet your best friend? Was it instant friendship?
That’s a funny story. I was 8 when I first met my best friend and our friendship started from fighting. I don’t remember the reason, but after that we became friends.
- When did you first hear your favourite song?
To be honest, I don’t remember. I can’t even say what my favorite song is.
- When did you first earn some money? Was it worth it?
I used to work as a loader when I was at school. It was a hard job, but I earned some money. It was worth it.
- When did you first decide on your own hairstyle? Did it look fantastic?
Not really. It didn’t look fantastic. It was about 15 years ago when I first decided on my own hairstyle. It looked funny.
- When did you first fail or did poorly in an exam?
When I was in my first year of university. I didn’t study well at that time.
- When did you first regret doing something? Do you still regret it?
I usually don’t regret anything I do. What is done is done. I forget about it and keep living.
- When did you first remember feeling real pain? What happened?
It was in childhood. I jumped and twisted my leg. It was a real pain I still remember about. It took a few days to start walking normally again.