B1 Dialog #25. Talking about love
In this dialogue we are talking about love in English. Dialogue level B1-B2. The PDF text is available from the link in the description. We will be glad to receive your likes and comments. Follow us!
How to work with the dialog?
- Listen to the dialogue and read the PDF transcript. Turn on subtitles if necessary.
- Listen to the dialogue again, repeating the questions and answers aloud (!!!).
- Come up with your own answers to the questions. Use PDF vocabulary if needed.
- Listen to the questions and answer them aloud (!!!), with a correct intonation, pronunciation and rhythm.
- Go back to the video from time to time and repeat the exercise.
Talking about love
(1) What images spring to mind when you hear the word ‘love’?
I imagine two people in love. How they value and support each other. How they make a family and tell their children, how important it is to find someone who would share with you the rest of your life.
(2) How important is love?
People can’t live separately. We all need somebody. So love is very important.
(3) Do you think it is possible to love everyone?
No, it’s not possible. Moreover, it’s quite difficult to find the right person.
(4) How do people fall in love?
It’s a good question. At first people like each other and spend much time together. Then comes something more serious and they understand they are in love.
(5) How and why do people fall out of love?
It can be different for every couple. Some people just understand they don’t love each other. Others might have some difficult circumstances, which don’t let them be together anymore. So it’s different for everyone.
(6) What is your favourite love song and why?
I love the song Sacrifice by Elton John. It’s such a touching story told in the song. And he sings so well. I like it.
(7) How does love make you feel?
It’s a nice feeling making people do the most crazy things for another person. It’s like magic, I can’t really explain it.
(8) Does love last forever?
That’s a very good question. I’ve thought about it many times, and I still can’t find the answer. I don’t know really.
(9) What does love look like?
It looks like a good drug I’d say. Love is a good thing.
(10) Has love changed over the past 10,000 years?
Generally it hasn’t changed. The world changed a lot. Love did not.
Rinat —–> Anya
(1) What is love?
Love is madness. And people need this madness a lot.
(2) What would your life be like without love?
I think it would be worse. I can’t imagine my life without love.
(3) What does it feel like to say, “I love you”?
It feels like a huge responsibility. It’s not the empty words. At least for me.
(4) Do you love to live or live to love?
I love to live and I live to love!
(5) What kind of love is the best love?
I think a mother’s love is the best one.
(6) Is there a thin line between love and hate?
Yes there is. It’s wise words and it’s really how it is.
(7) Do you love yourself? Should you do so?
Yes I do. I think it’s very important to love yourself, but you shouldn’t be arrogant. You should respect others as well.
(8) What is the difference between love and being in love?
Being in love doesn’t mean to love someone. It takes some time to realise that you truly love someone.
(9) Is it more important to love or be loved?
Both are important. And it should be a feeling that goes both ways.