B1 Dialog #42 Talking about age
Today we are going to talk about age. As always you can read the text in PDF, which you can find in the description. Follow our podcasts on iTunes and Yandex Music. For more new dialogs subscribe to our channel.
How to work with the dialog?
- Listen to the dialog and read the PDF transcript. Turn on subtitles if necessary.
- Listen to the dialog again, repeating the questions and answers aloud (!!!).
- Come up with your own answers to the questions. Use PDF vocabulary if needed.
- Listen to the questions and answer them aloud (!!!), with a correct intonation, pronunciation and rhythm.
- Go back to the video from time to time and repeat the exercise.
Talking about age
(1) Do you like being the age at which you now are?
Yes I do. I think that each stage of our life has some advantages and disadvantages.
(2) What is the best age to be and why?
As I said, all ages are good. I can’t say what the best age is. Maybe when I get older, I will change my mind. We will see.
(3) Do you worry about getting older?
Sometimes. But I don’t like thinking about it too much. Life is not endless. I understand it very well. So it doesn’t make much sense to worry about getting older.
(4) Do you look your age?
I think I do. I am 30 years old. Guys do you think I look my age? Leave us a comment!
(5) Do you think scientists can slow the ageing process?
I’ve read some articles about that. For now it’s not possible yet, but people work on it. Maybe in the future scientists will find a way to slow the ageing process.
(6) Why do some people seem to age faster than others?
People are genetically different. I think it’s the main reason. Bad habits like smoking or drinking can affect the ageing process as well.
(7) Until what age would you like to live?
Until my brain is still working well. I don’t want to bring too many difficulties to my relatives because of my age.
(8) Are there any age groups you currently don’t like?
I don’t know. I don’t have any age groups that I don’t like.
(9) What is the best age to get married?
I think 25 years old is a good age to get married. But it might be different for different people. Some people get married earlier, some people later.
Rinat —-> Anya
(1) Do people respect the aged in your country?
Absolutely. The aged people are respectful in Russia.
(2) How have you aged in the past ten years?
Not much I think. Many people say that I look pretty young.
(3) Do you mind being asked your age?
I do mind. I am a girl and I would prefer to keep my age a secret.
(4) What do you think your old age will be like (or what is it like)?
I hope it will be good. I don’t know. It is a sad question.
(5) Do you agree that you can never be too old to start something new?
Yes I do. Most important thing is how people feel. And of course it’s never too late to start something new.
(6) What do you least like (like most) about getting older?
We get smarter and wiser. I like it. What I don’t like is that we don’t have so much energy anymore. It makes me sad.
(7) Would you like to turn back the clock?
Sometimes. Who knows, maybe one day it will be possible.
(8) Do you look forward to your birthdays?
Now really, but there is nothing I can do with it. I can’t turn back the clock.