B1 Dialog #46 Talking about money (B1 English)
Today we are going to talk about money and share with you some good vocabulary from this topic. More words and phrases you can find in PDF, below in the description. Follow our podcasts on iTunes and Yandex Music. For more new dialogs subscribe to our channel.
How to work with the dialog?
- Listen to the dialog and read the PDF transcript. Turn on subtitles if necessary.
- Listen to the dialog again, repeating the questions and answers aloud (!!!).
- Come up with your own answers to the questions. Use PDF vocabulary if needed.
- Listen to the questions and answer them aloud (!!!), with a correct intonation, pronunciation and rhythm.
- Go back to the video from time to time and repeat the exercise.
Talking about money
(1) How important is money to you?
I would love to say that money is not important to me, but it would be a lie. In our world it’s extremely important.
(2) Is money really the root of all evil?
I think it is.
(3) Can money buy happiness?
No, money can’t buy happiness. You might have a lot of money and be absolutely unhappy at the same time. But money makes our life better. That’s for sure.
(4) How often do you worry about money?
Every time I don’t have enough money. Sometimes it happens of course.
(5) What’s the largest amount of money you’ve ever had in your wallet/purse?
I don’t really know. Not much.
(6) Does having a lot of money make someone more attractive?
I think it doesn’t. More important is what a person is like.
(7) Have you ever lost a lot of money?
No I haven’t. I hope I will never lose a lot of money.
(8) How much pocket money should a 13-year-old get?
Not much. Otherwise kids get spoiled. It’s not good.
(9) Do you ever run out of money?
I always try to control my budget. So no, I never run out of money.
(1) What comes into your head when you hear the word “money”?
A lot of different things. Money is something we can’t survive without.
(2) How important is money?
It’s important. I can’t say that it’s the most important thing in our life, but anyway.
(3) How attractive are people with lots of money?
I don’t think that money makes people attractive. People are different. Some of them are good, some of them are bad. No matter how much money they have.
(4) What would life be like without money?
People would be more or less equal in their living standards I think.
(5) How often do you think about money?
I don’t know. Maybe every time I need to buy something.
(6) What does the expression, “money doesn’t grow on trees” mean?
It means people have to work in order to earn money. It doesn’t grow on trees.
(7) How would the world be different if all the money was shared out equally among all people?
It’s a good question. I think the world would be more peaceful without any wars. There would be no rich people, but everyone in the World could have enough food and other most important things for living.
(8) What’s the best way of making a lot of money?
To own a factory or something. I don’t think that it’s the most important thing in life. If someone earns a lot, there is another one who is starving. So there should be a balance, but it’s easier said than done. Rich people will never share their money with others.
(9) Have you ever raised money for charity?
No I haven’t. From my point of view it’s the responsibility of the government. If there are too many charity organisations in the country, it’s a bad sign. It means that the government is not good enough.