B1 Dialog #50 Put and take phrases
Today we are going to have some practice with the verbs “to put” and “to take”. We are going to ask each other a few questions and answer them. As always you can read the text in the PDF which you can find in the description. Follow our podcasts on iTunes and Yandex Music. For more new dialogs subscribe to our channel.
How to work with the dialog?
- Listen to the dialog and read the PDF transcript. Turn on subtitles if necessary.
- Listen to the dialog again, repeating the questions and answers aloud (!!!).
- Come up with your own answers to the questions. Use PDF vocabulary if needed.
- Listen to the questions and answer them aloud (!!!), with a correct intonation, pronunciation and rhythm.
- Go back to the video from time to time and repeat the exercise.
Put and take. Questions and answers
- When was the last time you took something apart? What was it and how old were you?
A few days ago I had to take my laptop apart to do some cleaning. I have done it successfully.
- When did you last have to take back something you had said?
I can hardly remember a situation like that. I think it was a long time ago.
- Have you ever taken something back to a shop? What was it and why?
Yes I have. One year ago I bought a coffee machine that didn’t work well. I had to take it back to the shop within two weeks. I did so and they gave me another one by warranty. I was absolutely happy.
- Can you tell us a time when you had to take on new responsibilities in your job or family?
I usually take on new responsibilities when my boss is on holiday. I’m always taking over while he is away.
- What was the last hobby you took up?
The last hobby I took up was learning languages. I still keep learning them. It’s interesting for me.
- When were you last taken out? By who?
I am a man. So I am supposed to take someone out. The last girl I took out was you of course.
- Do you take after anyone else in your family?
I think I took pretty much after my grandfather. Our characters are so similar sometimes. What do you think?
- When did you last have a take away? What did you have?
My last take away was burgers with fries in some good restaurant. It’s very convenient to take food away when you don’t have enough time.
- When you were a child, was anything ever taken away from you? What was it and why?
I remember mom was taking my video games away when I played too much. But it was not so often.
Rinat —–> Anya
- Do you often get told off for not putting things away?
I think it’s more about kids. Some of them don’t put away their toys.
- Do you know anyone that has been put away? What did they do?
No, I don’t know people that have been put away.
- Have you ever put anyone down or has anyone put you down? Why?
No, I haven’t. I think it’s really rude to put someone down.
- Is there anything that you sometimes put off?
Yes, of course. I often put off my visits to the dentist. I know that it’s not very good, but there is nothing I can do with myself.
- Who do you have the most difficulty putting up with?
I’m a friendly person and I don’t like to quarrel with anybody. So I don’t know such people.
- When was the last time you put somebody up? Who was it and for how long?
I think I have never put anyone up.
- Do you often put on special clothes to go out?
Yes I do. I like looking good and combining different styles, brands and colours.
- Have you ever put on a play / show / concert or know anyone who has?
My friend puts on a dance show sometimes. They dance tango and like such performances.
- When was the last time you put someone on? Did they find it funny?
In childhood, I used to put my brother on. It was funny and we were laughing a lot!