B1 Dialog #54 Talking about life
Today we are going to talk about life. As always you can read the text in the PDF which you can find in the description. Follow our podcasts on iTunes and Yandex Music. For more new dialogs subscribe to our channel.
How to work with the dialog?
- Listen to the dialog and read the PDF transcript. Turn on subtitles if necessary.
- Listen to the dialog again, repeating the questions and answers aloud (!!!).
- Come up with your own answers to the questions. Use PDF vocabulary if needed.
- Listen to the questions and answer them aloud (!!!), with a correct intonation, pronunciation and rhythm.
- Go back to the video from time to time and repeat the exercise.
Talking about life in English
(1) What comes to mind when you hear the word ‘life’?
I think about my life and recall some bright moments of it.
(2) Do you enjoy life?
Yes I do! We live only once. I think it’s very important to enjoy life and stay positive, despite it’s not easy sometimes.
(3) What life-changing moments have you had in your life?
I’ve had some life-changing moments indeed. Unfortunately, not all of them were good. It’s quite personal and I don’t want to share it.
(4) Have you led an easy or difficult life?
My life is OK. I can’t complain. I can’t say that it’s difficult.
(5) Do you think there’s life after death?
I don’t think so. But everything is possible.
(6) Do you think there’s life on Mars (or on other planets)?
In our solar system there is no other life. Scientists have studied it pretty well. But I’m sure, there is life on other planets that might be far away from us.
(7) Do you ever feel you have wasted your life?
I’ve never thought about it. I am pretty young. But life flies so quickly. So I am trying not to waste it.
(8) Would you like to live your same life all over again?
No I wouldn’t. I would like to live another one.
(9) What’s your love life like? – Какая у вас личная жизнь?
I am pretty happy with my love life. That’s awesome!
(10) Is life more similar to a pizza or a box of chocolates?
I think it’s more similar to pizza, because it’s full of different things. And sometimes they are not sweet at all.
Rinat —–> Anya
(1) What is the meaning of life?
It’s a very good and difficult question. I don’t really know. Maybe we live for future generations? What do you think?
(2) What’s your biggest goal in life?
I don’t have any big goals. I would say I have different small ones depending on the period of my life.
(3) Is life complicated?
I think it is. And it’s getting more difficult when people grow up.
(4) What word would you use to sum up your life?
I have a plain life like a lot of other people.
(5) Do you have a good quality of life?
I don’t like complaining. I like the quality of my life and I try to make it better.
(6) If life came with an instruction manual, what would it say?
Don’t worry, be happy!
(7) Who has been your biggest influence in life?
I think my mother has taught me a lot.
(8) What will life be like fifty years from now?
I don’t know. I hope it will be good and people will not destroy each other by that time.
(9) What does life taste, smell, feel, look and sound like?
It’s too difficult. Life is so different, that I can hardly describe it that way.
(10) If you could live someone else’s life, whose would it be and why?
I don’t know. I would like to live my own life again with all that experience that I have had.