B1 Dialog #76 HOW TO questions in English
Today we are going to practise “How to…?” questions in English. As always you can read the text in the PDF which you can find in the description. Follow our podcasts on iTunes and Yandex Music. For more new dialogs subscribe to our channel.
How to work with the dialog?
- Listen to the dialog and read the PDF transcript. Turn on subtitles if necessary.
- Listen to the dialog again, repeating the questions and answers aloud (!!!).
- Come up with your own answers to the questions. Use PDF vocabulary if needed.
- Listen to the questions and answer them aloud (!!!), with a correct intonation, pronunciation and rhythm.
- Go back to the video from time to time and repeat the exercise.
HOW TO questions in English
(1) Do you know how to be a good listener?
Well, a good listener never interrupts you and listens to you carefully. Eye contact is important as well. I think I know how to be a good listener!
(2) Do you know how to see in the dark?
No, I don’t. I think only animals can do it, but not people.
(3) Do you know how to train for a marathon?
Well, at first you should try to run a short distance. It helps you to prepare your body, especially if you have never run before. Then you can do a longer distance and when you are ready enough, you can run a marathon! But be careful and listen to your body.
(4) Do you know how to use Windows and Apple computers?
I know how to use only Windows computers. I use it every day at work. Apple computers are much more expensive. As far as I know Apple is a good choice for working with graphics. Designers love it!
(5) Do you know how to make people very happy?
First you should make yourself happy and then think about other people! You can be polite, smile and make compliments, help with advice and so on.
(6) Do you know how to lose weight fast?
Sometimes it’s easier said than done. I think good nutrition and workout are the best helpers in losing weight.
(7) Do you know how to get the guy / girl of your dreams?
Yes, of course! I got you!
(8) Do you know how to get an upgrade to Business or First Class?
Speaking of aeroplane tickets, you should just pay extra for it.
(9) Do you know how to get rich fast?
You need to invent something useful and brand new. For example, an engine that works forever! So you can make a lot of money and get rich fast!
(10 Do you know how to use English punctuation correctly?
No, I don’t! But I do my best to make fewer writing mistakes!
Anya —> Rinat
(1) Do you know how to take really good photos?
I am not that good at taking photos. So I can’t say I know how to take good ones. But my smartphone can take really good photos instead of me!
(2) Do you know how to make bread?
I used to bake bread at school, but it was a long time ago. Now I can’t do this of course.
(3) Do you know how to make friends?
I usually get on well with people. It’s not difficult for me to make new friends. I have a lot of friends now.
(4) Do you know how to look your best?
I never try to look my best. I just know how to look good. It’s enough for me.
(5) Do you know how to handle jealousy?
The most important thing is to trust your partner. I am not a jealous person. I think it’s a stuped feeling.
(6) Do you know how to get good grades in your English exams?
If you want to get good grades, there is only one way to do it. You need to study hard!
(7) Do you know how to look after a baby?
I have never had such experience, but I hope I will learn how to look after a baby in the future!
(8) Do you know how to overcome fear?
Fear is a normal feeling that protects our body from dangerous things. If I need to overcome this feeling I just try to relax and take a few deep breaths. It usually helps!
(9) Do you know how to look ten years younger?
I am a man. I don’t need it. I like looking my age. But if you want to stay young as long as possible, it’s better to do some sports.
(10) Do you know how to lie?
I don’t usually lie to people. But if I need to lie, I know how to do it.