B1 Dialog #79 Talking about health
Today we are going to talk about health. As always you can read the text in the PDF which you can find in the description. Follow our podcasts on iTunes and Yandex Music. For more new dialogs subscribe to our channel.
How to work with the dialog?
- Listen to the dialog and read the PDF transcript. Turn on subtitles if necessary.
- Listen to the dialog again, repeating the questions and answers aloud (!!!).
- Come up with your own answers to the questions. Use PDF vocabulary if needed.
- Listen to the questions and answer them aloud (!!!), with a correct intonation, pronunciation and rhythm.
- Go back to the video from time to time and repeat the exercise.
Talking about health in English
(1) How is your health?
My health is good. Thanks for wondering! What about yours?
(2) Do you do anything to stay healthy?
I try to live a healthy lifestyle. I don’t have bad habits and try to eat good food. I do yoga and like spending time outside!
(3) Do you worry about the health of those around you?
First of all I worry about the health of my family and closest people.
(4) Do you ever worry about your own mental health?
Sometimes I do. Mental health is also important as well as the physical one. I don’t like getting nervous. I try to keep calm in any situation!
(5) Is health the most important for you?
Absolutely! There is nothing more important than health.
(6) Are you always a picture of health when you wake up in the morning?
I hope I am! Especially when I sleep well and long enough!
(7) What are the health risks associated with your lifestyle and environment?
I live not so far from Moscow. The air is not very clean here. It affects my health of course. Also the Corona virus is still pretty strong. I think it’s the main health risks associated with my lifestyle.
(8) Is our health dependent a lot on the health of our parents and grandparents?
Genetically we are dependent on our parents. That’s for sure! But anyway our lifestyle and environment play a big role.
(9) What is the WHO and what does it do?
WHO is the World Health Organisation. They work worldwide to promote health and keep the world safe.
(10) What can we do to improve our health?
Be active, keep calm and eat well!
Anya —> Rinat
(1) Do you worry about your health?
Yes I do. I think everyone worries about health!
(2) How often do you get sick?
Not often. Maybe once or twice per year. The worst periods are the early autumn and spring. It’s the time when people get sick the most.
(3) Do you read magazines or newspaper articles about health?
No I don’t. Magazines and newspapers are not so popular nowadays. All I need I can find on the Internet!
(4) What things do you do that might damage your health?
I don’t know. I think everything might damage our health somehow. You never know what can happen. It’s life.
(5) How often do you have a health check?
As a rule, I have a health check every year. I think it’s important to check your health from time to time.
(6) Have you ever been at the hospital?
Once I injured my leg and got to hospital for surgery. It was the worst time in my life. I hope I will never experience that again.
(7) Where do you go to get information on health?
It’s better to consult with a doctor or someone who knows more than you. Never try to heal yourself on your own. Especially if you have some serious problems with health.
(8) Do you know someone who never gets sick?
No, I don’t know such people. I think it’s not good not to get sick at all. It makes our immunity stronger.
(9) What is the most dangerous job for our health?
There are a lot of dangerous jobs. I would say being a miner is the most dangerous one.
(10) How is the health of your computer / the economy / the planet?
The health of my computer is good. The Russian economy is not healthy! 🙂 The health of the planet is getting worse!