B1 Dialog #80 How often questions in English
Today we are going to work with How often questions in English. How often do you do something in your life?
As always you can read the text in the PDF which you can find in the description. Follow our podcasts on iTunes and Yandex Music. For more new dialogs subscribe to our channel.
How to work with the dialog?
- Listen to the dialog and read the PDF transcript. Turn on subtitles if necessary.
- Listen to the dialog again, repeating the questions and answers aloud (!!!).
- Come up with your own answers to the questions. Use PDF vocabulary if needed.
- Listen to the questions and answer them aloud (!!!), with a correct intonation, pronunciation and rhythm.
- Go back to the video from time to time and repeat the exercise.
How often questions in English
(1) How often do you study English? How often should you study?
When I started learning English, I had at least two or three lessons per week. Now I don’t study with a teacher anymore, because my level of English is good already. In the beginning it’s important to study with a teacher, but you should also do something on your own every day. So our brain is getting used to the English language and we become more and more fluent!
(2) How often are you in trouble with someone? Who and why?
Not often. I’m a friendly person and I don’t like to have troubles with anybody.
(3) How often do you feel on top of the world? Is it a good feeling?
When I do something and it brings great results, I always feel on top of the world. I think it’s a good feeling.
(4) How often do you like going shopping?
I do the shopping almost every day. I go to the supermarket to buy food and the other necessary items we need for everyday life. As for going shopping for clothes, it’s not so often.
(5) How often do you think about the world’s future? Are they good thoughts?
Pretty often. Our future is not clear and it’s quite scary. On the other hand I understand that it’s important to live for the day and not to think too much about the future.
(6) How often do you get angry with other people?
I don’t like getting angry. I try to stay calm in any situation, despite it’s not so easy sometimes.
(7) How often did you get presents when you were a child?
Pretty often! Thanks to my parents I had a wonderful childhood. I got gifts from them, but they never spoiled me. I think it’s a good way of raising children.
(8) How often do you wish you were somewhere else or someone else? Who and where?
Not often. I like being myself.
(9) How often do you exercise? Do you like sports?
I do like sports and try to go to the gym every week. I am lucky to have a gym right inside the building I work in. It’s so convenient!
(10) How often are you ill? Is this more or less often than your friends?
I usually get sick once a year. I can’t say how often my friends are ill. They all are different. Someone gets sick more often, someone doesn’t get sick at all!
Rinat —-> Anya
(1) How often do you regret something?
Not often. I think that it makes no sense to regret something. People always make mistakes. It’s life.
(2) How often do you worry about your hair and the way you look?
Pretty often! I am a girl and I like looking good. It’s important for me.
(3) How often do you check your e-mail?
I check my e-mail almost every day. It’s a part of my life! I can’t imagine my life without it.
(4) How often do you read books?
I am fond of reading! I read books every evening before going to sleep.
(5) How often do you change your mobile phone? Why?
I haven’t changed my mobile phone for many years already. I don’t need to change it.
(6) How often do you wish you had special powers? What are these powers?
I don’t like the winter. So I’d like to be able to just scroll through the winter or even miss it. I like when it’s warm outside!
(7) How often do you spoil yourself?
Sometimes! Especially when I want something sweet. I like it!
(8) How often do you think about money? Is this good or bad?
It’s not bad to think about money. It’s a part of our life. But I can’t say that I think too often about it.
(9) How often will you study English in the future?
I will do it every week while making a new video for our listeners and subscribers! It’s a lot of fun and good practice!
(10) How often do you cry? Why?
Girls like crying. It’s our normal reaction to different situations. But I can’t say that I cry too often. I think it’s good!