B1 Dialog #82 Talking about business
Today we are going to talk about business. As always you can read the text in the PDF which you can find in the description. Follow our podcasts on iTunes and Yandex Music. For more new dialogs subscribe to our channel.
How to work with the dialog?
- Listen to the dialog and read the PDF transcript. Turn on subtitles if necessary.
- Listen to the dialog again, repeating the questions and answers aloud (!!!).
- Come up with your own answers to the questions. Use PDF vocabulary if needed.
- Listen to the questions and answer them aloud (!!!), with a correct intonation, pronunciation and rhythm.
- Go back to the video from time to time and repeat the exercise.
Talking about business in English
(1) Are you interested in the world of business?
No, I have never been interested in business. It doesn’t attract me.
(2) Do you think you have good skills for business?
I don’t think I can run my own business. I don’t like taking risks, which is absolutely necessary for making business.
(3) What kind of business would you like to start?
I’d start some online-business rather than a real one. I like growing our YouTube channel. Who knows, maybe one day we can earn money on it.
(4) Do you think anyone can start their own business?
I think that anyone can start his business, but not anyone can be successful in it. Most business projects are not successful. It’s what the statistics say.
(5) What are the dangers of having your own business?
You can’t be sure of your future, because your income is not stable. It’s quite scary.
(6) Would you include your own name in your business name?
No, in Russia we usually don’t do so. But it depends on business of course.
(7) Do you read any business magazines?
No. Are there such magazines? I don’t even know about them!
(8) Are men or women more successful in business?
I think it doesn’t matter. Anyone can become successful in business.
(9) Do you think you’d be a tough person to work for?
I am not a tough person. Maybe it’s the reason why I am still not a businesswoman?
(10) What advice would you give to people starting in business?
Think twice before starting. Believe in yourself and save some extra money. Just in case!
Anya —-> RInat
(1) How would you define business?
Business is an organization or enterprise involved in commercial, industrial, or professional activities that bring profit.
(2) Would you like to have your own business?
It’s not a good time to start your own business now. Maybe in the future I will start teaching English, but now I like what I do at my full time job.
(3) What kind of people are good at business?
They are self-confident people and good leaders. They know how to plan the finances, they know how to make contacts with other businessmen. And they need to be lucky!
(4) Is it easy to start a business in your country?
There is a stereotype that it is not easy, but some of my friends started their business quite easily. So I don’t think it’s difficult to start a business in Russia. It’s much more difficult to make it successful!
(5) What business skills do you have?
It’s not easy to specify your own skills. I don’t think that I have a lot of business skills.
(6) Would you prefer to start a real business or an Internet business?
I would prefer to start an Internet business. I have the necessary experience and knowledge for it.
(7) What would be your motto in business?
I don’t know. It depends on what kind of business I’d have.
(8) What kind of office would you like?
I would like to have a comfortable office not so far from my home. But I don’t think offices play a big role now. Many companies don’t have offices at all. Especially if you have an Internet business.
(9) Who would be your business hero?
I think I wouldn’t make a hero for myself, but just focus on my own project.
(10) What would be your main business goal?
I would like to provide good services and get enough money. And it’s extremely important to enjoy what you do!