B1 Dialog #89 Job Interview questions.
Today we are going to talk about job interview questions. As always you can read the text in the PDF which you can find in the description. Follow our podcasts on iTunes and Yandex Music. For more new dialogs subscribe to our channel.
How to work with the dialog?
- Listen to the dialog and read the PDF transcript. Turn on subtitles if necessary.
- Listen to the dialog again, repeating the questions and answers aloud (!!!).
- Come up with your own answers to the questions. Use PDF vocabulary if needed.
- Listen to the questions and answer them aloud (!!!), with a correct intonation, pronunciation and rhythm.
- Come back to the video from time to time and repeat the exercise.
Job interview questions
(1) Why would you be good at this job?
This job is similar to my previous one. I’m an experienced and self-motivated person. I like the responsibilities that you have described!
(2) What do you know about this job?
I read a lot about it on your website. It’s quite challenging, but I am not afraid of difficulties! Could you please tell me more about this position?
(3) What skills do you have for this job?
I am attentive and patient. I like interesting tasks and enjoy working with other people.
(4) What are your strengths and weaknesses?
I am responsible, creative and disciplined. Sometimes I am too detail oriented and can do something quite long. I think it’s my weakness.
(5) What qualifications do you have for this job?
I am qualified for this position because I have the skills you need and the experience to back it up.
(6) How well does your personality fit this job?
I think that my personality fits this job. I am a positive and organized person. Sometimes I like taking risks, which is absolutely necessary for this position!
(7) Why are you applying for this job?
I see the role as a way of developing my career in a forward-thinking company as yours.
(8) What do you want to learn from this job?
I would like to get better at project management, strategic thinking and marketing.
(9) Are you a good team player?
Absolutely! I’m extremely comfortable working in a team environment!
(10) Do you get on well with other people?
Yes I do! I’ve never had any social problems with other people. I know how to listen to others and understand different points of view. I like being honest and polite with others!
Anya —> Rinat
(1) What do you do in stressful situations?
I try to keep calm and not to quarrel with people. It’s important to hear each other and focus on solving a problem.
(2) What things about this job are difficult?
This job requires a lot of communication with other people, which is always quite difficult. But that’s what I was looking for. I really enjoy working with people.
(3) Where do you see yourself in five years?
It’s a hard question. I have ambitions to build a good career. If you give me a chance I would love to keep developing your company’s proposals together with my colleagues.
(4) Is there anything you want to ask me?
Do you have any problems with paying salaries? Some delays, backpays or something like that? It’s important for me.
(5) Have you had problems working with a manager?
No, I haven’t. Usually I don’t have any problems with managers. As I said I have a huge experience of working with different kinds of people.
(6) What are your goals for the future?
I would like to have a stable, interesting and well paid job. My main goal is to become a part of your team you can always rely on.
(7) What do you know about this company?
It’s a well known company. I didn’t find any negative feedback from former employees or something like that. You provide good service and I hope I can make it better!
(8) How much do you want this job?
I would like to get this job a lot, because I feel that it’s something I was always looking for.
(9) Why did you quit your last job?
I have worked there only for a few months and was laid off right when the crisis began. I was upset, but I believe that it’s a new opportunity and that I can find a better job.
(10) What can you contribute to this company?
I have some ideas about how you can make your online services more convenient and useful. I would love to get started as soon as possible!