B1 Dialog #90 What’s it like…?
Today we are going to practise “What is it like…?” question. As always you can read the text in the PDF which you can find in the description. Follow our podcasts on iTunes and Yandex Music. For more new dialogs subscribe to our channel.
How to work with the dialog?
- Listen to the dialog and read the PDF transcript. Turn on subtitles if necessary.
- Listen to the dialog again, repeating the questions and answers aloud (!!!).
- Come up with your own answers to the questions. Use PDF vocabulary if needed.
- Listen to the questions and answer them aloud (!!!), with a correct intonation, pronunciation and rhythm.
- Come back to the video from time to time and repeat the exercise.
What’s it like in English
(1) What’s it like being you?
I think it’s not too bad! I am pretty and smart! 😁
(2) What’s it like in your idea of paradise?
Paradise is a perfect peaceful place with beautiful nature and good people around!
(3) What’s it like being your age?
It’s like being 32 years old! I never complain about my age. I think it’s important to value each stage of our life!
(4) What’s it like living in the 21st Century?
It is defined as the era we are in now, a time of freedom and technological advancement. We are in the 21st century and the first ones to experience a whole new digital world.
(5) What’s it like studying English?
It’s not easy, but absolutely necessary for everyone. English is an international language and it’s so important to learn it!
(6) What’s it like sitting here and doing this activity with me?
It’s awesome! I like making new content for our YouTube channel and helping people to learn English! At least a little bit.
(7) What’s it like outside?
It’s sunny and warm outside. I like the Summer so much!
(8) What’s it like to be your best friend?
It’s better to ask my friends about it, but I think it’s not bad.
(9) What’s it like to be a citizen of your country?
There are a lot of good things in Russia. At the same time there are a lot of problems that affect our life a lot. Nevertheless, I like my country and like living here!
(10) What’s it like to be at your level of English?
My level is Upper Intermediate or something like that. I can discuss different topics in English and I understand people pretty well. I think it’s a good level for most people.
Anya —> Rinat
(1) What’s it like in your secret world inside your head?
It’s like having secrets. I think everyone has some secret thoughts and opinions and doesn’t want to share it with others.
(2) What’s it like to be intelligent and talented?
It’s not bad of course. Intelligent and talented people usually succeed more. Especially if they’re lucky enough.
(3) What’s it like having the friends and family you have?
It’s wonderful! I have good friends and family.
(4) What’s it like in your house for a special occasion?
It depends on the occasion. I usually invite my closest friends and family and we celebrate the occasion together. Sometimes we like going somewhere. Especially in Summer.
(5) What’s it like to be lucky?
It’s good to be lucky! Life is not easy sometimes and it’s important to have some luck.
(6) What’s it like to dream?
It’s a good thing, but it’s more important to work and do your best to make your dreams come true!
(7) What’s it like to be a man/woman today?
To be a man or woman in today’s society means being open with oneself and other people. It means being intelligent and doing something useful not only for yourself but also for the world.
(8) What’s it like living on the money you have?
It’s ok. I am not rich, but I earn enough money and never complain about it!
(9) What’s it like in the world you’d like to live in?
It’s like living in a world without wars and grief. I wish we had a world like that, but I understand that it’s impossible. Maybe our children will make a better world one day!
(10) What’s it like living in your town?
I live not far from Moscow and spend a lot of time there. It’s a good city!