B1 Dialog #29. Talking about food
Today we are going to talk about food. As always you can read the text in PDF, which you can find in the description. Follow our podcasts on iTunes and Yandex Music. For more new dialogs please subscribe to our channel.
How to work with the dialog?
- Listen to the dialogue and read the PDF transcript. Turn on subtitles if necessary.
- Listen to the dialogue again, repeating the questions and answers aloud (!!!).
- Come up with your own answers to the questions. Use PDF vocabulary if needed.
- Listen to the questions and answer them aloud (!!!), with a correct intonation, pronunciation and rhythm.
- Go back to the video from time to time and repeat the exercise.
Talking about food
(1) What comes to mind when you hear the word ‘food’?
Something delicias comes to mind. Also I think about how important food is.
(2) How often do you think about food?
When I’m hungry of course.
(3) Can you eat anything?
I don’t think so, but it depends on the situation.
(4) Can you go without food for a whole day?
I think I can, but I have never tried. I think it’s not good for health.
(6) What is your favourite breakfast, dinner and supper?
Breakfast is the most important for me. I usually eat eggs with toast and coffee in the morning. Dinner is also very important. I usually have soup and some meat for the second dish with potatoes or something. Supper is not that important. Sometimes I don’t even have it.
(7) Do you think your country’s food is the best?
Russian cuisine is tasty and healthy. I like it a lot. For me it’s the best, but there is a lot of good food in other countries as well. In Asia for example.
(8) Do you think “you are what you eat”?
I think so. Food is extremely important for us. If you eat too much junk food, be ready for some problems with your body and health.
(9) What do you think about canned, frozen and processed food?
It’s convenient, but less healthy. People shouldn’t eat too much of it.
(10) What kinds of international cuisine do you like?
I like Thai cuisine and food from other asian countries as well. It’s very delicious.
Rinat —-> Anya
(1) Are you fussy or particular about the food you eat?
I like eating good food. So I am particular about the food.
(2) Have your favourite kinds of food changed over the years?
A little bit. For example beans and olives. I didn’t like it in childhood. Now I like it a lot.
(3) Do you like fast food?
No I don’t. I think people eat too much fast food nowadays. Especially children.
(4) What do you think about food additives?
They are different. Some are good, whereas the others are harmful. People should pay attention to the content of food they buy.
(5) Do you care where the food you eat comes from?
No I don’t. Some countries are better in producing certain kinds of food. So I prefer their food of course. But usually it’s more expensive because it’s imported.
(6) What national dishes from your country would you recommend to the world?
It’s definitely some soups like solyanka or borsch. Also I would recommend some dishes with potato like potato with mushrooms or meat, potato with herring and potato pancakes of course.
(7) Do you worry about the rising cost of food?
Yeah I do. Government should control the cost of food. Otherwise there will be some social problems.
(8) Do you think the world’s food will ever run out?
It’s possible of course. But I hope we’ll never have problems like that.
(9) What do you think of genetically-modified (GM) food?
There is nothing good in it. As far as I know it’s forbidden now.
(10) Is your food bill big?
It’s quite big. And it’s getting bigger every year. This is not good.